Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Winter Weather is great for reading

Because we spend so much time on the inside in the Winter it is usually great for curling up under a blanket, with a hot cup of cocoa with marshmallows but I personally prefer hot Tea with Lemon and honey and grab the remote and watch a great movie but because winter has not rolled in for most of the United States right now it is kind of hard to recreate this idea or this vision because it is simply too warm.
However, I am hopeful that the weather will soon turn and become drastically cold because I live in the South and warm in the Winter for us usually means terrible tornado's, so for this reason I am extremely hopeful that it will get cold soon.
I also would like it to become cold for another reason. I want to be able to curl under my blanket and challenge myself to read as well as write. I notice that I am more productive from a reader and an author's aspect in the Fall and Winter Season and during the Spring and the Summer I am a bit more active because I am not limited to the inside. Since it has been warm I have found myself without a book, pen or paper but with the remote and my new writing project is not getting as much attention as it deserves. So I am challenging myself and I no that if I write, and post it I will be more likely to hold myself accountable if I put it into the Universe so not only am I holding myself accountable those who enjoy my work will hold me accountable as well because they do ask, how the project is coming along so that helps to keep me motivated because I know that I have a ton of people waiting for this work to be finished so they can read it. So instead of a weight loss new years resolution I am challenging myself to a resolution to put in more time reading and creatively writing despite the weather because I know that it is apart of what I desire to do. Also, I am not waiting to the New Year to enact this challenge I have already started so, I am committing myself to put in more time reading and writing daily despite the weather and that is literal and figuratively speaking. Have you guys thought about what changes or challenges you would like to enact for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment